Tidbits to know about our metro area:
• Johnson County lies within a transition zone where the North American eastern deciduous forests meet the tallgrass prairie. Where else in the country can you travel in a little over an hour from lush green, treed landscape to the vast open areas of the largest remnant of the tallgrass prairie left in the U.S.?
• With 200 officially registered fountains, Kansas City is nicknamed the “City of Fountains”, rivaling only Rome, Italy in number;
• We avidly support our world champion Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs;
• We are home to the famed Country Club Plaza, a distinctive outdoor shopping and entertainment district designed to emulate Seville, Spain;
• We brag about our Kansas City BBQ, which we believe is second to none;
• We enjoy an eclectic local foodie, craft brewery and spirits scene;
• We are home to a burgeoning revival of a once robust, pre-prohibition era grape-growing and wine-making industry;
• While it can’t be measured, we are renowned for our down-to-earth midwestern hospitality.
Places of interest:
• The nation’s only official World War I Museum;
• The nationally acclaimed Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and Kemper Contemporary Art Museum;
• The newly renovated Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum;
• The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.