The 2023 poster showcase has three focus areas. These focus area topics were generated by coordinators who attended the 2022 EMG National Coordinators’ Conference. Coordinators identified these topics as things they were looking for to help lighten their workload and grow their programs.
- Programming goals – What are you working toward in your county or state? Describe emphasis areas for educational efforts and the various activities that support these goals. Identify any success indicators you may track but save the details about these indicators for a second poster!
- Success indicators for EMG programs – What are you tracking as evidence of EMG impact? Tell us what you are tracking (i.e. pounds of produce donated, square footage of pollinator habitat planted by Extension audiences) and how you gather that information.
- Tools for program promotion and volunteer recruitment – How do you tell your EMG program story? How does this impact recruitment? Do you have unique approaches to volunteer recruitment? Have you found a way that is successful in attracting individuals who are a good match to your program?
Posters should include a short abstract, details, and photos to encourage informal discussion about your training program. Please restrict poster size to 40” x 60” or less. Presenters are responsible for bringing and/or shipping their own posters, as well as set up, take down, and staffing during designated times. Supplies for displaying posters will be provided.
- Posters can be submitted by an individual or a team. Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a team of Extension professionals. The evaluation process is competitive. Abstracts for posters accepted for presentation during the IMGC 2023 conference will be included in the EMG Coordinators’ Repository.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically, or they will not be evaluated.
- The primary presenter will receive communication. It is the primary presenter’s responsibility to notify and share information with co-presenters.
- Abstracts should include 200 words or less.
Questions regarding the RFP process should be directed to IMGC Poster Chair, Sheri Dorn, at [email protected], 770-412-4766.
Completed proposals should be submitted online at https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b9qBsWn3UtSazvo no later than 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2023. Notification of acceptance will be given by April 28, 2023.